Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are supposed to be similar to Mrs. Fields cookies, but I haven't tried them out yet.
Make and share this Cinnamon Sugar Butter Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300°F
- In a small bowl combine sugar and cinnamon for topping; set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, soda and salt. Mix well with a wire whisk; set aside.
- In a large bowl blend sugars with an electric mixer set at medium speed.
- Add the butter and mix to form a grainy paste. Scrape sides of bowl, then add eggs and vanilla extract.
- Mix at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add the flour mixture and blend at low speed just until combined. DO NOT OVERMIX.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls and roll each ball in cinnamon-sugar topping.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheets, 2-inches apart.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until done.
- Immediately transfer cookies with a spatula to a cool, flat surface.
- (I'm not sure of the yield, so I've just included an estimate).
Littke drops of heaven!! I will make these again soon!
I got this recipe from a girl I used to work with about 10 years ago & it is a favorite in my house. They are really good!!
I don't know where you got this recipe from, but it is a winner in my household. I saw a previous reviewer writing about the sticky dough, and how hard it was to roll. I put the topping in a wide coffee mug, and swirled the little dough bits around individually after dropping them in until they were evenly coated, made it very easy to handle. I will be halving this recipe next time, as I am sending five people home with these taystee cookies today. Thank you Zusie!!