Recipe by JamesDean'sGirl
This is my sister-in-law's favorite recipe for snickerdoodles. They are so buttery and the aroma will leave you positively heady! They taste just like french toast and some of us in our clan have been known to eat these for breakfast...they happen to pair naturally with coffee!! *Original recipe from Mrs. Field's Cookie Book.*
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300*F.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; mix well with a wire whisk and set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, blend the sugars.
- Add the butter and mix to form a grainy paste.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl, then add the eggs and vanilla; mix until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour mixture and blend at low speed just until combined. Do not overmix.
- Shape dough into 1" balls and roll each in the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Place 2" inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets and bake 18-20 minutes.
- Using a spatula, immediately transfer cookies to a cool, flat surface.