Recipe by Charmed
This bread is just so good, more like a coffee cake than a bread. I didn't have bread flour, so used regular unbleached, all-purpose flour and took it out about 3 minutes before the beeper because I like a less-crispy crust. Well, what a treat. Major keeper. Not only would I make it again, I think it would make some of the most awesome cinnamon roll dough, and I'm definitely going to try that very soon. I would also suggest using this bread to make Cinnamon Toast Deluxe, Cinnamon Toast Deluxe. A definite cinnamon extravaganza, and a wonderful treat, especially for those of you who are looking for a stronger cinnamon flavor.
Top Review by lin-johnson
This recipe is great. The only thing I changed was I added 2 tsp. of cinnamon. Talk about heavenly when cooking. We have about 15 in of snow right now and I love to bake when it's snowing so this was to be for breakfast in the morning. I could not wait. I ate 2 pieces while still warm w/honey butter on it. It turned out perfect. I put it on the 1 1/2 lb setting and on med for color and sweet bread setting. I will definitely do this again and again
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Place ingredients in the bread machine pan in the order suggested by the manufacturer.
- Bake using the sweet bread setting if your machine has it.
- If not, use white bread setting.
- When the bread is done, remove from the machine and let sit on a rack for 10 minutes before removing from the pan.
- If it sticks, just loosen the sides with a pliable, plastic spatula and it should slip out easily.
- This makes a 1 1/2 pound loaf that rose really nicely.
- I did check the dough about 5, 10 minutes into the kneading cycle; if you squeeze a good amount of the dough between your thumb and fingers and it seems a bit moist, and some dough sticks to your fingers, it should be just right; if not, adjust with water or flour accordingly.