Prep 8 mins
Cook 3 hrs 30 mins
This bread is just so good, more like a coffee cake than a bread. I didn't have bread flour, so used regular unbleached, all-purpose flour and took it out about 3 minutes before the beeper because I like a less-crispy crust. Well, what a treat. Major keeper. Not only would I make it again, I think it would make some of the most awesome cinnamon roll dough, and I'm definitely going to try that very soon. I would also suggest using this bread to make Cinnamon Toast Deluxe, Cinnamon Toast Deluxe. A definite cinnamon extravaganza, and a wonderful treat, especially for those of you who are looking for a stronger cinnamon flavor.
- Place ingredients in the bread machine pan in the order suggested by the manufacturer.
- Bake using the sweet bread setting if your machine has it.
- If not, use white bread setting.
- When the bread is done, remove from the machine and let sit on a rack for 10 minutes before removing from the pan.
- If it sticks, just loosen the sides with a pliable, plastic spatula and it should slip out easily.
- This makes a 1 1/2 pound loaf that rose really nicely.
- I did check the dough about 5, 10 minutes into the kneading cycle; if you squeeze a good amount of the dough between your thumb and fingers and it seems a bit moist, and some dough sticks to your fingers, it should be just right; if not, adjust with water or flour accordingly.
This recipe is great. The only thing I changed was I added 2 tsp. of cinnamon. Talk about heavenly when cooking. We have about 15 in of snow right now and I love to bake when it's snowing so this was to be for breakfast in the morning. I could not wait. I ate 2 pieces while still warm w/honey butter on it. It turned out perfect. I put it on the 1 1/2 lb setting and on med for color and sweet bread setting. I will definitely do this again and again
This is the best bread I have eaten,especially for breakfast. I use one and a half cups of white flour and one and a half cups wheat. It makes the whole house smell Heavenly. The kids love it.
This recipe will be my go-to from now on when the family wants cinnamon sweetness. First, The DENSITY IS PERFECT. I used two teaspoons of cinnamon like other reviewers have done, and used my sweet bread setting for a 2lb loaf. I needed a bit more flour than the recipe required (maybe 1-2 Tb) to get the dough rolling right. It's as good as a cinnamon bun without the extra calories, mess, and the extra steps. I think next time, I will use honey instead of the sugar for the low glycemic index value. I will let you know how that turns out.