Prep 8 mins
Cook 15 mins
I wanted to make some cinnamon rolls for Christmas morning but didn't have much time. So I took a few cans of biscuits, some cinnamon/sugar, and leftover Buttercream icing and threw these together. They were so yummy and everyone wanted the recipe right away!
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon together.
- Cut biscuits in half.
- Roll each biscuit half in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Place in a greased dish (square or rectangle--I used one size smaller than a 9x13).
- You can crowd them together; they will bake up nice and fluffy.
- Top with butter pats randomly across the top.
- Bake for 10-20 minutes, depending on how well-done you like your rolls.
- Watch them closely.
- If you want a really good treat, top these with Buttercream Icing (Recipe #95416 is GREAT!) once they are right out of the oven.
- It will melt all over the rolls.
- Make the icing ahead of time and store in the fridge, then soften it in the microwave.
- Storebought icing could also be used.
This was so easy to throw together at the last minute. I think I used too small a casserole to bake it in, as I cooked it even longer than 20 minutes, but it was still doughy in the middle. I should have kept the biscuits in a single layer, and I stacked them on top of one another, as in monkey bread. In any case, it was simple and yummy. I too, melted the butter and poured it over the top.
Not very good, the amount of cinnamon called for needs to be cut in at least half... They weren't sweet enough because the cinnamon was so over powering.
I had some canned biscuits on hand from a sale and was in need of a quick breakfast for my family and found this recipe. It's PERFECT! The only thing I did different is that I used a 9x13 and melted the butter and poured the melted butter over the top before baking. These were so good and the kids loved them. I also used Kittencal's Kittencal's Easy Creamy White Glaze Easy Creamy White Glaze on the top. Thank you so much for sharing this easy and family friendly recipe. :)