Recipe by Chef Doozer
I wanted to make some cinnamon rolls for Christmas morning but didn't have much time. So I took a few cans of biscuits, some cinnamon/sugar, and leftover Buttercream icing and threw these together. They were so yummy and everyone wanted the recipe right away!
Top Review by Julie F
This was so easy to throw together at the last minute. I think I used too small a casserole to bake it in, as I cooked it even longer than 20 minutes, but it was still doughy in the middle. I should have kept the biscuits in a single layer, and I stacked them on top of one another, as in monkey bread. In any case, it was simple and yummy. I too, melted the butter and poured it over the top.
- 2 (12 ounce) cans refrigerated biscuits (the smaller version, not Grands)
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter (cut into small pats)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon together.
- Cut biscuits in half.
- Roll each biscuit half in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Place in a greased dish (square or rectangle--I used one size smaller than a 9x13).
- You can crowd them together; they will bake up nice and fluffy.
- Top with butter pats randomly across the top.
- Bake for 10-20 minutes, depending on how well-done you like your rolls.
- Watch them closely.
- If you want a really good treat, top these with Buttercream Icing (Recipe #95416 is GREAT!) once they are right out of the oven.
- It will melt all over the rolls.
- Make the icing ahead of time and store in the fridge, then soften it in the microwave.
- Storebought icing could also be used.