I wanted to make some cinnamon rolls for Christmas morning but didn't have much time. So I took a few cans of biscuits, some cinnamon/sugar, and leftover Buttercream icing and threw these together. They were so yummy and everyone wanted the recipe right away!
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Mix sugar and cinnamon together.
- Cut biscuits in half.
- Roll each biscuit half in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Place in a greased dish (square or rectangle--I used one size smaller than a 9x13).
- You can crowd them together; they will bake up nice and fluffy.
- Top with butter pats randomly across the top.
- Bake for 10-20 minutes, depending on how well-done you like your rolls.
- Watch them closely.
- If you want a really good treat, top these with Buttercream Icing (Recipe #95416 is GREAT!) once they are right out of the oven.
- It will melt all over the rolls.
- Make the icing ahead of time and store in the fridge, then soften it in the microwave.
- Storebought icing could also be used.