Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
great with a coffee or just for a treat.
Make and share this Cinnamon-sugar Biscotti recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar, plus
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325°F Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix flour, 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, baking powder and salt in medium bowl to blend.
- Using electric mixer, beat 1 cup sugar and butter in large bowl until fluffy.
- Add 1 egg; beat well.
- Add egg yolk; beat well.
- Mix in vanilla, then dry ingredients.
- Transfer dough to work surface.
- Divide in half.
- Shape each half into 9-inch-long, 1 1/2-inch-wide log.
- Transfer logs to baking sheets.
- Beat remaining egg in small bowl.
- Brush logs with egg.
- Bake until golden and firm to touch (dough will spread), about 50 minutes.
- Cool on baking sheets.
- Maintain oven temperature.
- Mix 3 tablespoons sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon in small bowl to blend.
- Using serrated knife, cut logs into 1/2-inch-wide diagonal slices.
- Place biscotti, cut side down, on baking sheets.
- Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon sugar over each biscotti.
- Bake until pale golden, about 20 minutes.
- Cool on racks.
- (Can be made 1 week ahead. Store in airtight container.).
I added walnuts and aniseeds, both roasted and chopped to the final dough. I made half the recipe, 20 servings and found that 25 minutes of initial baking and 25 minutes of baking the slices - did a wonderful job. The biscotti is extra crisp and aromatic. Thanks. Super recipe, i highly recommend it.
Excellent biscotti recipe. Variation: Double Chocolate Biscotti Use above recipe, except: Eliminate cinnamon in step 2. Eliminate steps 16 and 19. Add: 1/3 cup cocoa powder and 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate bits in step 2. Chocolate lovers delight