Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
These crisp, twice baked cookies are delicious dipped into chocolate fondue!
Make and share this Cinnamon Sugar Biscotti recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar, plus
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325*F.
- Mix flour, 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon, baking powder and salt in medium bowl to blend.
- Beat 1 cup sugar and butter in a large bowl until fluffy.
- Add 1 egg; beat well.
- Add egg yolk; beat well.
- Mix in vanilla, then dry ingredients.
- Transfer dough to work surface and divide in half.
- Shape each half into 9-inch long, 1 1/2 inch wide log.
- Transfer logs to prepared baking sheets that you have lined with parchment paper.
- Beat remaining egg in small bowl.
- Brush logs with egg.
- Bake until golden and firm to touch (dough will spread) about 50 minutes.
- Cool on sheets.
- Maintain oven temperature.
- Mix remaining 3 TBS sugar and 1 tsp cinnamon in small bowl to blend.
- Using serrated knife, cut logs into 1/2 inch wide diagonal slices.
- Place biscotti, cut side down, on baking sheets.
- Sprinkle 1/4 tsp cinnamon sugar mixture over each biscotti.
- Bake until pale golden, about 20 minutes.
- Store airtight at room temperature.
Just not my cup of tea. Thanks for sharing.
I made these with cardamon instead of cinnamon and they were so good, I couldn't keep myself away from them! I also added some slivered almonds for added flavor which was a great addition!