Recipe by byZula
In Bermuda, baked bananas with a dash of rum has always been a favorite; and here's a really yummy dessert.
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 beaten egg
- 1⁄2 cup beer
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- salt, to taste
- 1 egg white, beaten stiff but not dry
- fat (for frying)
- 4 bananas
- cinnamon sugar
- goslings black seal rum (optional) or a similar good quality rum, heated (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat fat (to about 360F).
- In a bowl, blend butter, beten egg, beer, flour, and salt until smooth.
- Fold in egg white. Cut bananas in 1 1/2-inch lengths, dip each in batter and fry in deep fat.
- When light golden, remove and roll immediately in cinnamon sugar.
- Serve hot, as they are, or with a dash of rum.
- (Make cinnamon-sugar using 1 part cinnamon to 3 parts sugar.