Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Another banana bread recipe. This one is so good I just had to post it! I got the original recipe from my Grandma but I've changed it up a bit for my family's tastes.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 bananas, very ripe & mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix 1/4 cup sugar and 1 t cinnamon together.
- Grease a loaf pan.
- Dust greased pan with cinnamon sugar mixture. Save extra mixture for top of batter.
- Cream together 1 cup sugar and butter. Add eggs, one at a time, until combined.
- Add bananas, vanilla and buttermilk until combined.
- In a seperate bowl sift dry ingredients together.
- Add dry ingredients into banana mixture.
- Stir just to combine. Don't overmix.
- Fold in pecans and chocolate chips if using.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Sprinkle with 1-2 tablespoons of remaining cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes.
- Let cool in pan 5 minutes.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool.
This was fantastic, everyone loved it! Really easy to make, although I stopped putting the cinnamon sugar in the pan after the sugar on the edge made it burn a little. (I made 4 loaves!). Will definitely make again!
Used egg substitute, 3 bananas, quick cooking oats for the all-purpose flour and left out the nuts and chips. This was great! The flavor was wonderful and really worth the calories, which with the adjustments weren't really that much. I will be making this one again, thanks so much!