1/2 Photos of Cinnamon Sugar Banana Bread
1 hr 30 mins
Another banana bread recipe. This one is so good I just had to post it! I got the original recipe from my Grandma but I've changed it up a bit for my family's tastes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 bananas, very ripe & mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Mix 1/4 cup sugar and 1 t cinnamon together.
- 3Grease a loaf pan.
- 4Dust greased pan with cinnamon sugar mixture. Save extra mixture for top of batter.
- 5Cream together 1 cup sugar and butter. Add eggs, one at a time, until combined.
- 6Add bananas, vanilla and buttermilk until combined.
- 7In a seperate bowl sift dry ingredients together.
- 8Add dry ingredients into banana mixture.
- 9Stir just to combine. Don't overmix.
- 10Fold in pecans and chocolate chips if using.
- 11Pour batter into prepared pan.
- 12Sprinkle with 1-2 tablespoons of remaining cinnamon sugar mixture.
- 13Bake for 50-60 minutes.
- 14Let cool in pan 5 minutes.
- 15Remove to a wire rack to cool.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon Sugar Banana Bread
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 380.7
- Calories from Fat 120
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 83.6 mg
- Sodium 568.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 35.4 g
- Protein 5.9 g