Recipe by kitchenslave03
From Cooking Light.
Top Review by flower7
This is delicious. I had seen the original Cooking Light recipe which called for 2 Tbsp butter & 2-3 tsp water for the streusel so those were the quantities I used. Otherwise made recipe as posted except for using low-fat (not fat-free) condensed milk and heaping amounts of the spices in the filling (especially the ginger & cinnamon). The only change I will make next time is to add maybe 1/4-1/2 tsp salt to the filling. Thanks for sharing!
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 (14 ounce) can fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1 pie crust, refrigerated such as Pilsbury
- 1⁄3 cup flour, 1 1/2 oz
- 1⁄3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup oats
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon butter, chilled, cut into small pieces
- 2 -3 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- To prepare filling: Combine 1st 8 ingreds in large bowl; stir with a whisk.
- Crust: Roll dough to an 11 inch circle. Fit into a 9" pie plate coated with spray. Fold edges under and flute.
- Streusal: Lightly spoon flour into a dry measure;level with knife. Combine flour and next 5 ingreds in a bowl. Cut in butter with a fork or fingertips til crumbly. Sprinkle with water, tossing with a fork just til lightly moistened.
- Pour pumpkin mixture into crust; sprinkle with steusal. Place pie on baking sheet. Bake at 375 for 50 min or tl knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.