Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
A nice easy quick bread. Goes great with your morning coffee.
For the Loaf
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
For the Streusel
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease and flour the bottom of a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients for the loaf, beating until well mixed, about 3 minutes.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, combine all streusel ingedients, mixing until it is crumbly.
- Sprinkle streusel evenly over batter, and swirl with a knife to marble somewhat.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool 10-15 minutes in the pan, then finish cooling on a wire rack.
- Refrigerate unused portions.
The streusel doesn't crumble without adding flour, I believe a forgotten ingrident. I am not a good good by all means, but found the bread to be very heavy.
What a good loaf this made. I made it this evening(baking time: 1 hour in my AMC Dutch Oven). I served it with tea and everyone asked me for the recipe! Thank You for sharing this wonderful loaf. I hope your stay in the hospital is short and that your back on Zaar soon as I miss you, really, I do.