Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this recipe a while ago. It does not say how long to bake, but I am sure keeping a eye on it, testing frequently will not be to difficult. Besides, this sounded too good to overlook! 8) (cooking time is just a estimate)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup margarine, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 2⁄3 cup applesauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons skim milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Combine first 3 ingredients; stir well and then set aside.
- Cream margarine in bowl; gradually add 1 1/4 cups sugar and then beat at medium speed until well blended.
- Add egg and egg white, one at a time, beating well.
- Combine 3 cups flour and next 3 ingredients in a bowl. Stir well.
- Combine yogurt, applesauce and 2 teaspoons vanilla extract in a bowl; stir well.
- Add flour mixture to creamed mixture alternately with yogurt mixture.
- Coat a 12 cup bundt pan with spray and flour.
- Pour half of batter in pan, sprinkle with pecan mixture and then pour remaining batter on.
- Bake until done, keeping close eye on it.
- Combine powdered sugar, vanilla extract and milk; stir well. Pour over cooled cake.