Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is an easy from scratch recipe, that is simple to make and requires ingredients that you wouldn't have to make and extra run to the grocery store.
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup butter (softened)
- 1 cup buttermilk (or substitute 1 cup milk tbsp lemon juice or vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice or 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- Prepare streusel just by mixing ingredients together with a spoon.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl cream sugar, butter and vanilla together until fluffy.
- Add the eggs in, beating them well on medium speed.
- In another bowl combine dry cake ingredients together and whisk together.
- Alternate adding the dry mix and the buttermilk into the creamed sugar with a wooden spoon until batter is smooth.
- Do not over mix.
- Pour the cake batter into a greased 15X10 jelly roll pan.
- Sprinkle streusel mixture over top of the cake batter.
- Bake cake for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool.
- Cut into squares.
easy and great
This is a nice cake. I've tried it before and it goes very well with kids - big and small!