Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
A simple cake mix bundt cake.
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Generously grease 12-cup bundt cake pan.
- Mix brown sugar, nuts, and cinnamon thoroughly; reserve.
- Blend cake mix (dry), eggs, water, and butter in large mixer bowl on low speed, scraping bowl constantly, until moistened.
- Beat on medium speed, scraping bowl frequently, 3 minutes.
- Do Not Overbeat!
- Sprinkle reserved brown sugar mixture over batter; fold into batter 5 or 6 times for a marbled effect.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes; invert on wire rack.
- Remove pan; cool cake completely.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired.
This tasted wonderful! Smells great too! The only thing I would recommend is to get the cheapest cake mix you can...preferably one that doesn't have moist in the title or say it has pudding inside. That makes it fall apart easily, but with the cheaper cake mix it works perfectly!
I love recipes with box cake mixes. This was very tasty. The only problem being that I must not have folded the sugar mixture in enough because it ended it being mostly in the top of the cake. The next time I think I will reserve some mixture to top it with once the batter is in the bundt pan.