A delicious cinnamon streusel bundt cake from McCormick. Vanilla glaze and apple streusel options below.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2⁄3 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- vanilla glaze, recipe follows (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325°F For the Streusel Topping, mix flour, brown sugar and cinnamon in medium bowl. Cut in cold butter with pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in pecans. Set aside.
- For the Cake, beat softened butter, granulated sugar and sour cream in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in vanilla. Gradually beat in flour and baking soda on low speed until well mixed.
- Spoon 1/2 of the Streusel Topping into greased and floured 12-cup Bundt pan. Spoon 1/2 of the batter over top. Repeat layers.
- Bake 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar or drizzle with Vanilla Glaze, if desired.
- Vanilla Glaze: Mix 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar, 2 tablespoons water and 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract in medium bowl until smooth. If necessary, stir in 1 to 3 additional teaspoons water until glaze is of desired consistency. Drizzle over cooled cake. Let stand until glaze is set.
- Cinnamon Apple Streusel Cake: Prepare cake batter as directed, stirring in 1 cup chopped peeled apple.
Terrific cake recipe! I was worried because I had so much streusel mix and thought there is no way this is going to work right - but boy was I wrong! This cake bakes up to perfection with a wonderful swirl of cinnamon streusel through the middle. I did omit the pecans as I was serving to friends and wanted to avoid any nut allergies. I did use the vanilla glaze recipe included. I think it could be reduced a bit to possibly a cup of powdered sugar as I had a lot of glaze. It did take about 4 tbls of water too to make the glaze. Everyone (all 12 of them!) gave this cake rave reviews! Thanks for making me look good! Made for the Sweet Traditions Tag game!
Yummy! Everyone loved it; very moist!
YUMYUMYUMYUMYUUUUMMM!!! Absolutely delicious, and easy to make! I made this for my sisters bday a few months back, and I couldn't imagine making ANYTHING else for my moms bday today! It was a huge hit, and everyone (even the littles that are picky) liked it!