Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is truly one of the best blueberry muffins I've ever had. These are just like the Einstein Bagels Blueberry Muffins!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a 12-cup muffin pan, or line with muffin liners.
- Combine flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Place vegetable oil into a 2 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this with flour mixture. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups right to the top.
- To Make Crumb Topping: Mix together sugar, flour, butter, and cinnamon. Mix with fork, and sprinkle evenly over muffins before baking.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
These are delicious! They turned out like bakery muffins--my husband ate four in a few hours!! This recipe went into my "keeper" box.
The best! I try a lot of new muffin recipes so that my husband can have a variety to take to work. This is the first recipe I have found in quite a while that I was 100% happy with. The texture is perfect, the taste is excellent. I did cut the sugar to 3/4 of a cup. This was the perfect sweetness for us. Will be making these often!!
This is so far the best homemade muffins I've ever made! You might want to reduce the sugar for the topping crust though. The original recipe just a bit too sweet for me.