Wonderful flavor and great to add to your breakfast or brunch!
Make and share this Cinnamon Streusel Apple Cider Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 beaten egg
- 3⁄4 cup apple cider or 3⁄4 cup apple juice
- 1⁄4 cup cooking oil
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- FOR STREUSEL: Stir brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon in small bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry blender. Set aside.
- FOR MUFFINS: Lightly oil twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin cups or line with paper baking cups; set aside. In a medium mixing bowl stir together flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt. Make a well in the center. In a small mixing bowl combine egg, apple cider, and oil; add all at once to flour mixture. Stir just till moistened. (The batter should be lumpy.).
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon of the batter into each prepared muffin cup. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of the brown sugar mixture over each. Fill with remaining batter. Sprinkle tops of muffins with remaining streusel.
- Bake in a preheated 400° F oven until golden brown, about 20 minutes. Remove muffins from pans; cool slightly on racks.
Great muffins--light and not too sweet. I used some homemade leftover apple cider, added some chopped pecans to the top. Also used 2 Tbsp oil and 2 Tbsp applesauce. Thanks for posting! Made for the Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup tag game.
I am very impressed with this delightful little muffin. The flavor is fantastic and they are a breeze to prepare due to the clear and concise directions. Not only do they taste amazing but they look absolutely beautiful with the streusel running through the muffins. I know I will be preparing these often.
These were WONDERFUL muffins ! I used GF flour instead of AP. Loved the cider flavor in these and the streusel topping/filling is perfect. Especially good for DD, who does not like fruit in her muffins. Thanks Lvs2Cook ~ made for COMFORT CAFE ~ SNOWQUEEN'S ROUND, January 2010!