Recipe by Katra Diesel
I like these because they are easy to make and they use the egg whites left over from spritz cookies. I got this from an old Better Homes and Gardens magazine.
Top Review by kimi46
I have searched for this recipe for 7 years. These are great cookies. I used to make them every year to add to the cookie gift boxes. To make them extra special, tie three cookies together with a red cord to give them the look of a cinnamon stick! Thanks for having this recipe!
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 drops cinnamon oil
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1⁄4 cup butter, melted and cooled
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small mixer bowl beat egg whites till you form soft peaks, gradually add sugar till you form stiff peaks.
- Stir together the flour and cinnamon.
- fold into egg whites.
- Stir together oil of cinnamon and margarine or butter; fold into egg white mixture.
- Drop batter by 2 level measuring teaspoons onto a greased cookie sheet and spread with a spatula to a 3-inch circle, baking 2 or 3 cookies at a time allowing room to spread.
- Bake for 6-7 minutes or till golden around the edges.
- Let cool for only 2 0r 3 seconds, then loosen and quickly roll around a wooden spoon handle (a chopstick works well too).
- Slid cookie onto a cooling rack and continue with other cookies.
- Repeat with remaining batter, using a clean greased cookie sheet for each batch.
- NOTE: If the cookie becomes too stiff to roll return to the oven for one minute.