- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 egg, separated
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream sugar and butter.
- Add egg yolk. Beat well.
- Add flour sifted with cinnamon.
- Knead in bowl with hands until dough holds together.
- Spread on ungreased cookie sheet into a 14x9-inch rectangle.
- Roll gently with floured rolling pin.
- Beat egg white slightly. Brush onto cookie dough.
- Sprinkle with nuts, press lightly.
- Bake at 275° for 30-40 minutes until lightly browned.
- As soon as out of oven, cut lengthwise into 3 strips, then cut each strip crosswise into 1" wide pieces.