Recipe by Tracy K
This is a delicious, easy-to-make cinnamon cake that is wonderful for dessert or just as a snack cake! I usually just dust it with powdered sugar instead of using a frosting, but cream cheese frosting would go nicely with it.
Top Review by Oolala
Yum! Love it with some cold milk. I made this earlier and didn't get to try it warm but it's nice at room temperature. It's very sweet and I don't think I could have it with frosting. This is as sweet as I'd want it. Great texture too, especially nice and slightly crispy around the edges. Thanks Tracy
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease and flour an 8 x 8 inch square pan; you can also use an 8 or 9 inch round pan.
- In a large mixing bowl or stand mixer, combine butter, sugar and eggs.
- Beat at high speed for five minutes.
- Combine flour, baking powder and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture in three additions, alternating with the milk. Start and end with the dry ingredients.
- Beat on low speed just until smooth.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a rack, dust with powdered sugar.
- Excellent served slightly warm.