Recipe by s'kat
Simple, yummy bar cookies filled with cinnamon-goodness! The heavenly scent they create while baking is a tantalizing prelude to their delicious taste!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, separated
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups nuts, chopped (I use almonds)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 x 1-inch pan.
- Cream the butter, margarine, and sugar.
- Add the egg yolk and dry ingredients.
- Press the batter into prepared pan.
- Beat the egg white until foamy and spread sparingly over batter.
- Press on the nuts.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Cut into squares.