2 hrs 12 mins
I got this from a Good Housekeeping cookbook called The Great Christmas Cookie Swap Cookbook. They were a huge hit as gifts and they smell wonderful when baking. They are not very sweet so they are a nice counterbalance to chocolate cookies. I did sprinkle some extra sugar over them before baking because I like them sweeter!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat butter and cream cheese till creamy, about 2 minute Reduce speed to low; gradually beat in flour and salt until well mixed, occasionally scraping bowl with ruber spatula.
- 2Divide dough in half. On sheet of plastic wrap, pat 1 peice of dough into small rectangle; wrap tightly and refrigerate 1 hour or until dough is firm enough to roll ( or freeze for 30 min,). Repeat with remaining dough.
- 3Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir sugar and cinnamon until blended.
- 4On lightly floured surface, with floured rolling pin, roll 1 peice of dough into 15" by 12" rectangle. Sprinkle half of cinnamon sugar mixture evenly over dough. Starting from long side, tightly roll dough jelly-roll style. Brush last 1/2 in of dough with water to seal edge. Cut log crosswise in half. Slide logs onto ungreased cookie sheet; cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 2 hours or until firm enough to cut. (or freeze for 45 min.) Repeat with remaining dough.
- 5Preheat oven to 400*F. Remove 2 logs from freezer; with serrated knife, cut each log crosswise into 1/4 in thick slices. Place cookies 1/2 in apart on two ungreased cookie sheets.
- 6Bake cookies until lightly browned, 12 to 14 min, Transfer to a wire rack to cook. Repeat with remaining two logs.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon Spirals
Serving Size: 1 (907 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4071.2
- Calories from Fat 2385
- Total Fat 265.0 g
- Saturated Fat 160.9 g
- Cholesterol 737.9 mg
- Sodium 3520.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 385.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.2 g
- Sugars 141.5 g
- Protein 47.8 g