Prep 6 mins
Cook 3 mins
This recipe only take a couple of minutes to cook - You just want to wilt the spinach - the cinnamon orange gives a nice flavor to the spinach. You do not need a dressing - serve this as a side dish or a salad
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 10 ounces fresh spinach, washed,stems removed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- salt & pepper
- 1 navel orange, peeled,pith removed and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts or 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- Heat the oil in a skillet, medium heat.
- Add spinach, salt, pepper, cinnamon Toss until the spinach is wilted apprx 2 1/2 minutes- do not over cook.
- Toss with oranges& nuts- Serve.
This is a FANTASTIC way to serve spinach! We love spinach and eat lots. This was such a delightful treat. I must admit I was a little nervous about mixing cinnamon with spinach, but we loved the unique combination! And, of course the pinenuts are always delicious. Thank you, it's a perfect summer veggie!