- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 medium jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain the tomatoes and put in a medium bowl.
- Heat the olive oil in a small saucepan on medium heat. Add the jalapeño, season with a pinch of salt, and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes, allowing the pepper to soften and mellow a bit.
- Add the cinnamon, cook for 30 seconds, and remove from heat.
- Add the jalapeño and cinnamon mixture to the tomatoes, then add the sugar. Stir to combine, and add more salt and pepper to taste.