Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Cinnamon, cumin and ginger add authentic Moroccan flavor to boneless chicken thighs in this entree that's ready in less than 30 minutes.
- 2 tablespoons flour, divided
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken thighs (1 1/4 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup pitted dates, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup toasted sliced almonds
- Mix 1 tablespoon of the flour, cinnamon, cumin, ginger, ground red pepper and sea salt in shallow dish.
- Coat both sides of chicken with spice mixture.
- Heat oil in large skillet on medium heat.
- Add chicken and cook 3 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Mix remaining 1 tablespoon flour and broth; add to skillet.
- Bring to boil.
- Stir in dates and almonds.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer, covered, 7 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve over couscous or rice.
We had this tasty dish for dinner last night. I was out of dates so I used golden raisins in the mix. After the chicken was done cooking I stirred in 1 cup of instant couscous to the sauce. It absorbed the flavors nicely. I then pulled the chicken apart & added it to the couscous. Thanks for a flavorful dinner. Made for Photo Tag