Recipe by Annacia
Cinnamon, cumin and ginger add authentic Moroccan flavor to boneless chicken thighs in this entree that's ready in less than 30 minutes.
Top Review by Nasseh
We had this tasty dish for dinner last night. I was out of dates so I used golden raisins in the mix. After the chicken was done cooking I stirred in 1 cup of instant couscous to the sauce. It absorbed the flavors nicely. I then pulled the chicken apart & added it to the couscous. Thanks for a flavorful dinner. Made for Photo Tag
- 2 tablespoons flour, divided
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken thighs (1 1/4 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup pitted dates, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup toasted sliced almonds
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix 1 tablespoon of the flour, cinnamon, cumin, ginger, ground red pepper and sea salt in shallow dish.
- Coat both sides of chicken with spice mixture.
- Heat oil in large skillet on medium heat.
- Add chicken and cook 3 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Mix remaining 1 tablespoon flour and broth; add to skillet.
- Bring to boil.
- Stir in dates and almonds.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer, covered, 7 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve over couscous or rice.