1/1 Photo of Cinnamon Spiced Fried Tomatoes
You'll love this exotic departure from the usual fried tomatoes! There is an incredible aroma that fills your kitchen the minute the tomato slices hit the pan! An excellent way to use not quite ripe tomatoes. These are great for breakfast, along with eggs, buttered tortillas, and perhaps Pueblo Style Calabacitas. Adapted from Mollie Katzen's Sunlight Cafe(Breakfast All Day).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the tomatoes in half and gently squeeze out and discard the seeds. This step is unnecesary if using Roma or plum tomatoes. Cut the tomatoes into thick slices.
- 2Mix the flour, cinnamon, cumin, and salt on a plate. Dredge the tomato slices in this mixture, turning to coat both sides of each piece.
- 3Place a heavy skillet over medium heat for a couple minutes. When skillet is hot, add the oil, wait for about 10 seconds, then swirl to coat the pan.
- 4Fry the coated tomato slices in the hot oil on both sides until crisp, a minute or two on each side. Don't let them burn!
- 5Move the fried tomatoes to a plate and wait for 3-5 miutes before serving, as the juices inside will be very hot. Pass the kosher salt at the table and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon Spiced Fried Tomatoes
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 96.1
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 80.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 3.2 g
- Protein 1.4 g