Prep 3 mins
Cook 7 mins
2 variations on spiced coffee: one flavored with cinnamon, cloves, and allspice and the other with orange, lemon, and cloves. You may also want to experiment with your own amounts and combination of spices.
- 1 1⁄2 cups brewed coffee (prepared)
- 1 cinnamon stick (about 3-inches) (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon whole allspice (optional)
- 2 slices orange rind (optional)
- 2 slices lemon peel (optional)
- 2 -10 whole cloves
- white sugar or brown sugar, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream, whipped
- ground cinnamon, to garnish
- For Cinnamon Spiced Coffee: In a saucepan, over low heat, simmer cinnamon, allspice, and 2 cloves in coffee for 5-7 minutes.
- Or for Citrus Clove Spiced Coffee: In a saucepan, over low heat, simmer orange peel, lemon peel, and 10 cloves in coffee for 5-7 minutes.
- Strain into cups and sweeten each to taste.
- Top with whipped cream and sprinkle with cinnamon.
5 star coffee.<br/><br/>Similar to how I make my spiced coffee.... cinnamon, clove, and allspice form the base of it.<br/><br/>People, you HAVE to make this in a saucepan and simmer the spices to really get them infused with the water. I wouldn't say its a waste to use a coffee maker but you're not getting even half the flavor intended. Especially if you're using whole spices as intended, rather than ground. <br/><br/>If you liked it from the coffee maker, imagine it being 20 times as good simmered in a saucepan.<br/><br/>It all started in Mexico for me after trying cafe de olla. I began experimenting with sugar and spices mixed in while the coffee was brewing. Obviously my first attempts were adding to the filter in the coffee maker, but once i simmered in a saucepan, it was like night and day. I never make spiced coffees in the coffee maker anymore.
A great morning coffee for me. I just put the cinnamon spice mix in the basket of my 1 serving coffee maker, topped them with my favorite coffee and turned it on. I placed a cinnamon stick in the waiting cup where it remained during my morning coffee enjoyment. I didn't use any whipped cream and sweetened with a bit of Splenda. Thanks for sharing Sue. Made for February Sun and Spice 2013 in the NA/ME forum.
I really enjoyed this lovely coffee. I fused your two variations together and made, orange rind, cinnamon, allspice and clove coffee. I really enjoyed these flavors and spices together. I love the deep taste that the brown sugar lends to the coffee, garnished with whipped cream and cinnamon for a perfect cup of coffee. Thank you for sharing littleturtle.