Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Cinnamon Spice Muffins
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2⁄3 cup butter (room temperature)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 5 ounces cinnamon baking chips (run through a food processor to make into smaller pieces)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line muffing tin with muffin cups.
- Mix all dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon).
- Add cinnamon chips and set aside.
- Beat together room temperature butter and 3/4 sugar till well blended.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Add dry ingredients in three portions alternating with milk, combining just until well mixed.
- Fill muffin cups and bake 25 minutes.
- Mix together 1/2 cup sugar and 2 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Remove from oven and brush muffin top with melted butter and sprinkle with sugar cinnamon mixture.
- Return to oven and bake about 5 minutes more.