Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Delicious, fall inspired apple-banana bread that can be made dairy free. Low in fat, high in fiber and protein with lots of hidden veggies, it tastes like a decadent coffee cake.
- 3 overripe bananas
- 2 carrots, cut up
- 118.29 ml almonds (optional)
- 177.44 ml almond milk
- 709.77 ml whole wheat flour (I usually use 1/2 ground oats-just grind them with almonds and bananas)
- 177.44 ml brown sugar
- 78.07 ml nonfat Greek yogurt (optional, up almond milk to make dairy free)
- 3 gala apples, diced into 1/2-inch cubes
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 14.79-29.58 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml ground cloves
- 2.46 ml ground ginger
- 14.79 ml vanilla
- 59.14 ml candied walnuts (or cinnamon coated, optional but tasty)
Oat crumble topping
- 236.59 ml oats
- 118.29 ml whole wheat flour
- 14.79 ml butter (optional)
- 118.29 ml turbinado sugar
- 59.14 ml crushed candied walnuts
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 29.58 ml water (use more if not using butter)
- microwave apples with a sprinkling of cinnamon until softened (2-3 min) combine apples, almond milk, eggs, almonds, carrots and vanilla in blender and blend until almonds are crushed and carrots blended.
- combine dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix in wet ingredients until just combined.
- mix in apples and crushed walnuts.
- pour into an oiled baking dish and top with oat crumble topping.
- to make crumble topping: melt butter and combine rest of ingredients, stirring well.
- bake at 350 for 1 hour.