Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A nice quick bread with a nutty streusel. Very moist and delicious.
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 1 large egg
- 295.73 ml flour
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 2.46 ml pure vanilla extract
- 118.29 ml chopped pecans or 118.29 ml walnuts
- 59.14 ml light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- Cream together butter and sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Add egg, stirring until blended.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt gradually to butter mixture, alternating with additions of sour cream.
- Beat mixture just until blended, and add vanilla.
- In a small bowl, mix together pecans, brown sugar, 1 tbsp of sugar, and cinnamon.
- Pour half of batter into a greased and floured loaf pan, and sprinkle with half of streusel mixture.
- Pour remaining batter on top, and sprinkle with remaining streusel mixture.
- Bake at 350°F for 45-60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle removes clean (if loaf starts to brown excessively, cover with foil during last 15 minutes of baking).
- Cool in pan 10 minutes, then remove and finish cooling on wire rack.
YUM! This is a wonderful little loaf recipe! Came out just like cake, with streusel mix in the middle, and on top. Very easy to put together...I popped it in the oven after supper, and it did its thing while I cleaned the kitchen. It was my pleasure to make this for our cook-a-thon for you, Sue. We really enjoyed! Thanks for posting, Laudee
Wonderful recipe which I tagged to use up some sour cream. We did skip the nuts, but otherwise made as directed. We used 1 mini-size loaf pan and a medium loaf pan - cooking the mini one for 45 minutes and the larger pan for 55 minutes. Thanks for sharing!