Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Cake mix based coffee cake with a cinnamon crumb topping.
Cinnamon Crumb Topping
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons cinnamon, ground
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F
- 2. Mix topping ingredients in a medium bowl until large crumbs form and set aside.
- 3. Beat cake mix, egg, sour cream, butter, and vanilla in a large bowl with an electric mixer on medium speed for about 1 minute or until just mixed.
- 4. Spread evenly in greased and floured 13x9-inch baking pan.
- 5. Sprinkle topping mixture over batter.
- 6. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until cake pulls away.