Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
My grandmother makes this every year Christmas morning. The warmth from the oven and the smell of cinnamon throughout the house is comforting. :)
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Combine the walnuts, 1 tsp cinnamon and 2 TB sugar together and set aside.
- Mix the butter, sugar and eggs together until fluffy. Blend in the sour cream.
- Sift the flour, soda and baking powder together. Mix into the creamed mixture and blend well. Add the vanilla.
- Spoon half of the batter into a greased and floured tube or bundt pan. Sprinkle half of the cinnamon mix over the batter (the batter will be thick). Spoon in the remaining batter and top off with the remaining cinnamon mix.
- Place the pan in a COLD oven. Set to 350 degrees, then bake for about 55 mins until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve warm or cold.
This is exactly like the recipe I have made for years from the one of my Sunset Magazine's Favorite's Book. It is a winner and my kids request it every Christmas.