Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Delicious warm or cool. Serve with apple butter for a great treat!
Make and share this Cinnamon Sour Cream Biscuits recipe from Food.com.
- Combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, soda, and salt.
- Cut in the butter until coarse crumbs.
- Stir in the sour cream and milk just until combined. Do not overmix or your biscuits will be tough!
- Knead about 10 times on a floured surface, then press out to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Cut with a biscuit cutter dipped in flour.
- Bake on ungreased baking sheet at 450 degrees for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool on wire racks.
- Best served warm with apple butter. You can also use a powdered sugar glaze and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
The dough was very wet for these biscuits at our high altitude. The cinnamon wasn't noticeable enough for my kids. If I make these again, I will lower the wet and raise the cinnamon. Still, not a bad treat for the kids!
The best biscuits I've ever tasted. Tender inside and crispy (almost crunchy) top and bottom. Make wonderful strawberry shortcakes. Try these. You will not be disappointed. I made them with low fat sour cream and they were just as good as with the full fat. I did slightly more than double the cinnamon but would leave as written to use with a meal. Very light cinnamon taste.
These are good!! The biscuit is tender and light. They have just a hint of cinnamon and they do go well with apple butter, thanks!!