Recipe by Kaarin
Delicious warm or cool. Serve with apple butter for a great treat!
Top Review by smcarney
The dough was very wet for these biscuits at our high altitude. The cinnamon wasn't noticeable enough for my kids. If I make these again, I will lower the wet and raise the cinnamon. Still, not a bad treat for the kids!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, soda, and salt.
- Cut in the butter until coarse crumbs.
- Stir in the sour cream and milk just until combined. Do not overmix or your biscuits will be tough!
- Knead about 10 times on a floured surface, then press out to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Cut with a biscuit cutter dipped in flour.
- Bake on ungreased baking sheet at 450 degrees for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.
- Cool on wire racks.
- Best served warm with apple butter. You can also use a powdered sugar glaze and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.