Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Posting for ZWT7. Cinnamon in a dessert is always a hit. After trying this recipe I found the cinnamon flavor still a bit light so I used two sticks instead of the original recipe calling for one. It may be the cinnamon stick was not fresh enough or I just love cinnamon so much I need more flavor so adjust this to your personal taste-buds. Cooking time = cooling/freezing time (approximately 3 hours).
- Boil the five cups of water with cinnamon until it has color, flavor, and reduces to to four cups total in liquid.
- Add the sugar and let it boil for five minutes.
- Dissolve the corn starch into the cold water and stir until completely dissolved. Now add to the previous preparation and let it cook for five minutes over a medium high heat.
- Remove pan from the heat, and let it cool down a little. Add the lemon juice.
- Strain the preparation into a freezer proof container.
- Once cold, put the mixture in the freezer. Before it gets completely frozen, stir the sorbet so that it does not get very hard (approximately every 30-45 minutes). Repeat this two or three times, until the sorbet is ready to enjoy. In my freezer it took three times but I still tried a fourth and did not see a huge difference in texture.