Recipe by Lvs2Cook
I have been making these cookies for years. I don't remember where I got the recipe from originally but it's a Christmas cookie tray staple in our house. It's my son's favorite and he has been known to eat the whole batch at one sitting!
Top Review by PetesNina
What a pretty little cookie! I made these as directed except for the nutmeg, I'm not crazy about nutmeg. I am so glad I tried these! I rolled the finished cookie in a powdered sugar/cinnamon mixute and they were a hit! Thanks for sharing!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3⁄4 cup oats
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 300º.
- Beat butter until creamy.
- Sift together 3/4 cup confectioner's sugar, flour, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Gradually add to butter. Blend well.
- Stir in oats. Blend in vanilla and nuts.
- Mix well about 5 minutes.
- Shape to form small balls.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 25 minutes. Remove from sheets.
- While hot sprinkle with 1/2 remaining sugar. Cool and sprinkle again.