Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
These are so fast and easy. If you forgot to bake cookies for that "thing" & have 15 minutes you have a recipie to make. I got this recipie from My great Recipies. Ya know the free cards they send in the mail.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon, divided
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 small amount flour
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray 3 baking sheets w/ nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat cake mix, eggs, 1.4 cup vegetable oil & 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon with a wooden spoon until it forms a soft dough.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and remaining cinnamon; mix.
- Form small ( 1 inch) balls w/ cake mixture then roll in sugar mixture.
- Place dough balls, spaced well apart, on baking sheets.
- Using the base of a glass, ( dip in a little flour so it doesn't stick) gently flatten each ball.
- Bake until edges are light brown. 3- 6 minutes.
- Let cool for 1 minute before transferring to wire racks.
A tasty, yet simple & easy-to-make snack! Love the use of cinnamon, & I did some serious rolling in the cinnamon/sugar mix! Thanks for the keeper! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]
These are tasty little treats that are easy to put together. I'll probably use them for when time is an issue. A bit crispier than a "from scratch" recipe but still yummy. One suggestion is to mix the cinnamon in with the flour prior to adding any wet ingredients. Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup Game Feb08-Jan09.