Recipe by hannahactually
"These biscuits are close to an English scone which can be baked the moment company arrives or while the coffee is brewing at breakfast. Serve with seasonal fruit or banana and honey." This is a delicious-looking dessert or breakfast I found in Penzey's Spices catalog.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cold
- 5 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup milk or 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 2 sliced bananas or 1 cup seasonal fruit
- 1 tablespoon honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Sift the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt together into a bowl.
- Grate the cold butter into the flour and mix 3 tablespoons sugar in lightly with your fingers.
- In a separate bowl, mix the egg and milk together.
- Add to the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Pat or roll out to 3/4 inch thick and cut into rounds.
- Re-shape until you have 8 rounds.
- Place onto a baking sheet.
- Brush with a bit of milk and sprinkle with the remaining sugar.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool slightly, split, and fill with the bananas or other fruit and the honey.