Recipe by dcwang wang
I love cinammon. It smells so tempting... And I love cookies! This cinammon shortbread does not require egg yolk like the other one. I didn't have nutmeg, so I used 1/1/2 tsp of cinammon, for half of the recipe. I omitted the vanilla extract from www.fooddownunder.com
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease 9 X 13 in rectangular pan.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, cinammon, nutmeg, and salt and set aside.
- In another bowl, with electric mixer on low speed, cream butter, sugars.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Blend flour mixture into butter mixture gradually.
- Press dough evenly into bottom of pan (I shapped it into circles).
- Decoratively score the dough with a fork or small knife if desired.
- Baki in center of oven from 20/25 mins,or until golden brown around edges.
- Cool compeletely and cut into 2-by 21/2-in bars.
- Store in airtight container.
- WEll wrapped may be frozen.