1/1 Photo of Cinnamon Shortbread Cookies
24 hrs 45 mins
My ex M-I-L had this recipe scribbled on the flyleaf of one of her family cookbooks and no one knew what it was, one year we made it and it was her mom's infamous shortbread cookies. I thought I'd lost the recipe when I divorced, but I found it online (with food processor instructions no less!) and wanted to share. I like bigger cookies so I don't get as many out of the recipe, some friends can get 5 dozen out of theirs. Prep time includes chilling, and it can vary.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees; lightly grease baking sheets.
- 2Place flour, cinnamon, and salt in work bowl of food processor; pulse five or six times until blended.
- 3Remove to a small bowl.
- 4Process butter and brown sugar about 30 seconds, scraping down sides once or twice, until light and fluffy.
- 5Add egg yolk and process about 10 seconds to blend.
- 6Add flour mixture and pulse six to eight times, just until blended.
- 7Wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill at least one hour or overnight (Dough may also be frozen up to a month).
- 8Roll out dough, half at a time, to 1/8-inch thick.
- 9Cut with cookie cutter and place cookies two inches apart on baking sheets.
- 10Sprinkle with sugar.
- 11Bake seven to eight minutes until firm and just beginning to darken at edges.
- 12Cool on wire racks.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon Shortbread Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (393 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 613.0
- Calories from Fat 292
- Total Fat 32.4 g
- Saturated Fat 19.9 g
- Cholesterol 144.2 mg
- Sodium 73.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 43.8 g
- Protein 5.4 g