Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Taken from "The Body Bible" by Pamela Allardice. This quantity is enough for 2 people so invite a friend into the shower with you. This smells really yummy because of the cinnamon and honey, go on, spoil yourself.
- 3 tablespoons coarse ground almond meal
- 2 tablespoons course ground dried chamomile
- natural yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons clear honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Combine almond meal and ground chamomile flowers in a bowl and add suffient yoghurt to make a thick paste.
- Melt honey in a non-aluminium saucepan on a low heat.
- Add to almond/chamomile paste.
- Add cinnamon and mix to combine.
- Massage over the face and neck with light, upward and outward movements, avoiding the delicate eye area.
- Rinse the scrub off with warm water, pat dry and then moisturise.
Wonderful face pack! I used 5 tbsps. of yoghurt to make the thick paste. I wasn't too sure what coarse ground almond meal exactly meant, but after asking for help on the boards, I got to know that it simply meant almonds(blanched, chopped and processed in a blender/food processor until reduced to crumbs). For the dried chamomile, I was lucky once again to get help on the Zaar boards. I bought the Chamomile herbal tea bags and used 4 of those to get 2 tbsps. of dried chamomile. I used this on my face at the fag end of the day and now I'm just about to hop into bed. Oh, and I moisturised my face with Johnson's Oat, Milk and Honey 24th Moisturisation ph 5.5 moisturiser! I feel and smell great and look beautiful too! Thanks for a perfect end to my perfectly happy day!
I've had spa treatments that weren't this nice. I got too much yogurt in it, and it was too thin, so I added more ground almonds to get it back to a good texture. I thought I had camomile too, and didn't, so I used verbena. Made a lot. Smelled like oatmeal cookies. One of the cats tasted it, it must be edible. I did too, to be honest, tasted pretty good to me too. I started out by applying it just to my face, but it got all over my neck, so I did that too, then wound up doing the whole top of myself and my hands too. I let it sit on for 10 minutes or so, then rubbed it in. Cleaning the bathtub out after was the worst part. I have enough left for another time, so I put it in the fridge. Try it!
Must admitt, great recipe.