Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Chef Caroline McCann-Bizjak. Allow time to marinate for at least 4 hours.
Make and share this Cinnamon Scented Duck Breast With a Balsamic Reduction recipe from Food.com.
- For the duck, mix the cinnamon and the sugar.
- Score the fat of the duck breast and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the cinnamon sugar over the top and press into the fat.
- Set aside in the fridge to marinate for 4 to 12 hours.
- For the sauce, combine all the ingredients in a saucepan and heat until the sauce has reduced by at least half, to a syrupy consistency.
- Sear the duck breast in a non-stick pan over a medium heat until the fat has rendered and the skin is crispy, about 4 minutes.
- Transfer the duck breasts to a 375°F oven to finish cooking for about 7 minutes.
- Remove the breasts from the oven and set aside in a warm place to rest for a couple of minutes before slicing very thinly.
- Serve the sauce with the duck.
delicious and easy to make!!
Oh my goodness!! This duck is absolutely fantastic! I marinated a whole duck for about 24 hours and then threw it in the rotisserie so I can't comment on the cooking time but the flavor in the duck as well as the sauce is amazing. I will most definitely be making this again. Thanks for posting this keeper!