Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Delicious on fruit salad but also on such diverse dishes as puddings and pancakes. From mindspring.
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 lemon (juice only )
- 3⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Beat egg yolks and sugar together in a large bowl, set aside.
- Mix the cornstarch with the water in a small saucepan and simmer until thick and clear. Remove from heat. Stir into the egg mixture. Return to heat and simmer, stirring, until thickened.
- Add the salt and the lemon juice.
- Whip the cream. Fold into the mixture with the cinnamon just before serving.
- Delicious on fruit salad but also on such diverse dishes as puddings and pancakes.