Recipe by Annacia
This is my current favorite coffee. I created it for my taste inspired by the amazing spices and flavors of North Africa and the Middle East. It's a bit indulgent and something that you can very easily adjust the ingredient amounts of to match your own taste. Time given may be slightly longer if using an Ibrik.
Top Review by COOKGIRl
I used 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon and that was plenty for me. I chose a good quality rich Sumatra coffee bean for my coffee; half and half and local clover honey. A great "eye opener" coffee in the morning served in my brand new 'Lapis' colored Fiestaware coffee mug. Love the flavor combination! Good work! Made for Veg Tag/September.
- 7 g ground coffee (1/4 ounce. I use Corta's Mediterranean Coffee but any coffee that you enjoy will work fine)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch saffron (rubbed between your fingers over the pot to break it down)
- pure water (for 1 cup of coffee)
- honey (sugar or Splenda to your liking. Optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Add the coffee, cinnamon and saffron to your coffee pot or Ibrik. Stir the three together so that it will all brew together.
- Add the water and start coffee pot or boil and rest the usual 3 times for the Ibrik.
- When done pour into your cup, sweeten as or if desired.
- Sit back and enjoy what may be the best cup of coffee ever.