Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I came up with this morning after experimenting with mary winecoff's lovely Cinnamon Rum Syrup to see if I could make it sugar free. Wow, it's good! Time to make will be much less for subsequent cups when the syrup is pre-made.
- 177.44 ml Splenda sugar substitute
- 3.69 ml cornstarch (up to 1 tsp depending on how thick you want it)
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 118.29 ml water
- 7.39 ml Malibu rum (coconut flavored rum)
- 4.92 ml lemon juice
- 226.79-283.49 g hot fresh coffee (brewed to your liking)
- 28.34 g syrup
- skim milk
- cinnamon, for sprinkling
- Place all dry syrup ingredients in a saucepan and wisk to incorporate.
- Add the water, rum and lemon juice and wisk again.
- Heat till thickened while whisking and remove from heat shortly after it begins to bubble.
- When syrup is made add 1 oz (or to taste) to your cup.
- Add coffee and mix.
- Add milk to taste and stir or froth milk for top.
Another great coffee recipe! I subbed 1 tsp. rum extract and 1/2 tsp. coconut extract for the Malibu Rum, but otherwise made as written. Warmed the cockles on a dreary, wet day! Now off to have another I think! :)