Top Review by Outta Here
Another great coffee recipe! I subbed 1 tsp. rum extract and 1/2 tsp. coconut extract for the Malibu Rum, but otherwise made as written. Warmed the cockles on a dreary, wet day! Now off to have another I think! :)
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cornstarch (up to 1 tsp depending on how thick you want it)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Malibu rum (coconut flavored rum)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 8 -10 ounces hot fresh coffee (brewed to your liking)
- 1 ounce syrup
- skim milk
- cinnamon, for sprinkling
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all dry syrup ingredients in a saucepan and wisk to incorporate.
- Add the water, rum and lemon juice and wisk again.
- Heat till thickened while whisking and remove from heat shortly after it begins to bubble.
- When syrup is made add 1 oz (or to taste) to your cup.
- Add coffee and mix.
- Add milk to taste and stir or froth milk for top.