1/3 Photos of Cinnamon Rolls With Caramel and Walnuts Topping
4 hrs 30 mins
Maybe it scares you the title but actually it's pretty easy to do and the resultÂ… it's very yummy!! To tell you the truth I started this recipe a night before. I prepared the dough and it stayed in the fridge the whole night! The next morning I just put in the cinnamon filling and let the rolls rest for another 30 minutes then it goes for baking into the oven.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the dough
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 cup lukewarm water
- 1 tablespoon dried yeast
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 milk
- 1/4 butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups cake flour
For the filling
For the caramel topping
- 1We start with the dough. Dissolve 1 ts of sugar in a ½ cup of lukewarm water. Add 1 tbs of dried yeast, mix and let it rest for 10 minutes at room temperature. After the 10 minutes it should rise and make bubbles.
- 2While the mix of sugar, yeast and water is resting, pour into a pot ¼ cup sugar, ½ cup milk, ¼ cup butter. Put it on a low-medium heat until the butter is melted. Add the vanilla extract and let it cool down.
- 3In a large bowl beat the 2 eggs with 1 ts of salt until they become foamy. Add the lukewarm mix of milk, sugar and butter. Continue mixing then add the yeast.
- 4Add 2 cups of flour and continue mixing at low speed until the flour is incorporated.
- 5Add the rest of the flour bit by bit, until the dough is not too sticky.
- 6Sprinkle some flour on your table and knead for about 10 minutes. Keep sprinkling flour if the dough is still sticky.
- 7Grease with butter a clean bowl, grease the dough with butter too and wrap in plastic film. Let it rest for at least one hour and a half in a warm place. If you prepare the dough a night before, put it in the fridge like I did.
- 8Preheat the oven at 180°C Grease a tray pan with butter and lining it with parchment paper.
- 9For the topping, caramelize the sugar in a pan. Careful not to burn it. When it takes a beautiful amber color add the boiling cream and stir well until all the caramelized sugar dissolves into the cream forming a nice caramel cream. Add the walnuts and spread the topping into the tray.
- 10For the filling just mix together all the ingredients.
- 11Using a rolling pin spread the dough into a 40 cm/30 cm sheet. Spread the filling over the dough equally and start rolling. Be sure to roll the dough pretty tight. With a sharp knife cut the rolls about 6 cm wide.
- 12Place the rolls into the baking tray over the caramel topping and be sure to let enough space between because they will rise more.
- 13Cover the tray with a damp cloth and let it rest for another 30 minutes in a warm place.
- 14Bake the rolls for about 30-35 minutes (depending on your oven). Be sure to check after 25 minutes. When catch a nice golden-brown color it's time to get them out of the oven.
- 15Let it rest for 2-3 minutes ( do not wait more because the caramel topping becomes hard and you won't be able to get your cinnamon rolls out). Place a large plate on top of the tray and flip it. The caramel topping it's on top now!
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon Rolls With Caramel and Walnuts Topping
Serving Size: 1 (157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 534.5
- Calories from Fat 202
- Total Fat 22.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 70.8 mg
- Sodium 293.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 35.3 g
- Protein 9.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: