Recipe by Aroostook
Quick and easy...cake mix, yeast, a bit of oil and eggs and you are good to go. Found this recipe in the local snow sled club recipe book.
Top Review by smoke alarm jr
We made this recipe with Kay's review in mind. We rolled the dough to about 2 1/2'x 16 inches. We doubled the filling and with an extra pair of hands we rolled this up! What fun to make a jelly roll pan full of these huge beautiful rolls! The dough was a bit heavier than my own recipe but rolled out easily. I will be making these again for the upcoming holidays -maybe with a few raisins sprinkled in!
- 2 1⁄2 cups warm water
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages dry yeast
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 1 cup flour
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 5 1⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup margarine or 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve yeast in water for 3 minutes.
- Add cake mix, 1 cup flour, eggs, oil and salt.
- Beat until bubbles appear.
- Slowly add 5 1/4 Cups flour to make a soft dough.
- Knead for 5 minutes.
- Let rise until doubled.
- Roll 1/4 inch thick.
- Spread with butter.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll up jelly roll style.
- Cut into 1 1/2 inch slices.
- Place in greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Allow to raise until doubled.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes.