Quick and easy...cake mix, yeast, a bit of oil and eggs and you are good to go. Found this recipe in the local snow sled club recipe book.
- Dissolve yeast in water for 3 minutes.
- Add cake mix, 1 cup flour, eggs, oil and salt.
- Beat until bubbles appear.
- Slowly add 5 1/4 Cups flour to make a soft dough.
- Knead for 5 minutes.
- Let rise until doubled.
- Roll 1/4 inch thick.
- Spread with butter.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll up jelly roll style.
- Cut into 1 1/2 inch slices.
- Place in greased 9 x 13 pan.
- Allow to raise until doubled.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes.
We made this recipe with Kay's review in mind. We rolled the dough to about 2 1/2'x 16 inches. We doubled the filling and with an extra pair of hands we rolled this up! What fun to make a jelly roll pan full of these huge beautiful rolls! The dough was a bit heavier than my own recipe but rolled out easily. I will be making these again for the upcoming holidays -maybe with a few raisins sprinkled in!
I think this is one of those recipes that require some experimenting due to personal tastes. I didn't think this had enough butter, sugar or cinnamon, and there was MUCH more dough than I was expecting. I (as always) had to add an additional cup of flour, but even then the dough was really soft. They did have a very good taste, however, please don't think that I didn't like these. I drizzled them with Cinnamon Bun Icing #19239.