I found this in the newsletter from my local health food store. They got it from goneraw.com and say it's good with Creamy Cashew Icing (Raw Foods) . They can be eaten right out of the refrigerator or warmed up in a dehydrator. The newsletter editor/raw foodist tops them with raw almond butter mixed with agave, vanilla, and sea salt or the aforementioned cashew icing. The "cooking time" is an estimate of the chilling time.
- Combine almond meal, flaxseed, cayenne, 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon, and pinch salt in a bowl and set aside.
- In food processor or blender, process dates, water, and vanilla into a paste.
- Put half the date paste, the olive oil, and the agave nectar into the dry ingredients and mix with hands until a dough is formed. You might need to add a little water or agave if it's too dry but be careful not to add too much.
- Spread dough on a piece of parchment paper and shape into a 1/4-inch thick square.
- Add 1/4 cup raisins and 1 tablespoon of cinnamon to the date paste remaining in the blender. Process until smooth.
- Spread a thin layer of this mixture onto the dough square, covering the whole surface, and sprinkle with the extra raisins and the chopped walnuts.
- Using the parchment paper to hold everything together and carefully roll the square tightly into a log.
- Chill in the refrigerator and slice into 1-inch thick rounds.