1/1 Photo of Cinnamon Rolls (Raw Foods)
1 hr 10 mins
I found this in the newsletter from my local health food store. They got it from goneraw.com and say it's good with Creamy Cashew Icing (Raw Foods) . They can be eaten right out of the refrigerator or warmed up in a dehydrator. The newsletter editor/raw foodist tops them with raw almond butter mixed with agave, vanilla, and sea salt or the aforementioned cashew icing. The "cooking time" is an estimate of the chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine almond meal, flaxseed, cayenne, 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon, and pinch salt in a bowl and set aside.
- 2In food processor or blender, process dates, water, and vanilla into a paste.
- 3Put half the date paste, the olive oil, and the agave nectar into the dry ingredients and mix with hands until a dough is formed. You might need to add a little water or agave if it's too dry but be careful not to add too much.
- 4Spread dough on a piece of parchment paper and shape into a 1/4-inch thick square.
- 5Add 1/4 cup raisins and 1 tablespoon of cinnamon to the date paste remaining in the blender. Process until smooth.
- 6Spread a thin layer of this mixture onto the dough square, covering the whole surface, and sprinkle with the extra raisins and the chopped walnuts.
- 7Using the parchment paper to hold everything together and carefully roll the square tightly into a log.
- 8Chill in the refrigerator and slice into 1-inch thick rounds.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cinnamon Rolls (Raw Foods)
Serving Size: 1 (650 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 351.3
- Calories from Fat 216
- Total Fat 24.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 110.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.7 g
- Sugars 15.6 g
- Protein 9.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: